Monday, April 25, 2011

An Easter Message

[What follows is a talk my eight year old son gave in primary. The words are his. I typed as he spoke and checked the spelling.  And changed the order a few sentences. But the words are his.]

Jesus is my savior and redeemer because he died for me and he is the son of God.

He lived his life so I would know how to do the right things. He got baptized so that I would know I should get baptized. He healed some people so that we would know we should help people who need help. He teaches people so that we all can learn about him. He tells us to love our enemies, even if we don’t like them.

Jesus will forgive us when we do something wrong. But first we must repent. When you repent you ask someone to forgive you for doing something wrong. You say you are sorry and promise not to do it again. If you don’t do it again Jesus will know you are really sorry.

He was put on a cross and got nails put in him. It was painful. But it was God’s plan for him. He was perfect. Everybody else isn’t perfect. He never did anything wrong, but we do. Jesus took the punishment for all the bad things we do. So if Jesus forgives you, you won’t be punished.

He died for us and was resurrected so that we may get resurrected too. That means we will live again when he comes back to the earth.

I know Jesus loves me, and will forgive me, and help me live again. That is why he is my savior and redeemer. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: