Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Andrew Jackson


Last year I read a biography of Andrew Jackson. I had borrowed it from a friend so I can't remember the title, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. He was president when the Mormon Church was formed and knowing my church history put many of the events in context with other events. For example, when Joseph Smith had problems in Kirtland with money, the cause was partially because of a fight between Andrew Jackson and the Second Bank of the United States. This kind of secular detail is never discussed in seminary, and schools don't tie Mormon events into secular history. I found it facinating.
So here I am a year later moving to Nashville, home of Andrew Jackson. I looking forward to seeing some of the places described in the biography.


Judy Harper
hmmm. very interesting. :)
Thursday October 11, 2007 - 09:58pm (PDT)

Lady J
indeed.
Friday October 12, 2007 - 02:22pm (PDT)

No comments: