Monday, February 2, 2015

Two Healings in Tennessee 1943

TENNESSEE WEST DISTRICT
Bumard N. Taylor, President
"And again it shall come lo pass that he that hath faith in me to be healed, and is not appointed unto death, shall be h e a l e d "-D. & C. 42:48.
The Truth above expressed was manifested when Elder Floyd Black and Elder Cloyd Barton were called to administer to a lady in Nashville, who had been unable to move for several weeks, as the result of inflamatory(sic) rheumatism. She was in such pain that big tears would stream down her cheeks. Her breath was short and irregular, but faith was expressed in her eyes. After the administration she seemed to relax and, taking a deep breath exclaimed: "That is the first deep breath I have taken for days that I could feel has done me any good." The following night she slept well, and the swelling rapidly disappeared. The next day found her on her feet able lo get about.
I also experienced this same Spirit of healing when called upon to administer to a lady in Humboldt, Tennessee. She was suffering from a hemorrhage of the brain which had left her paralyzed. I annointed and sealed the anointing in the same prayer. Why I did this, I don't know, but after I had finished she looked up at me, and took my hand. Though she had never seen me before she knew who I was and joy and peace seemed to radiate from her countenance. Two days later I received a letter from Ihe family telling of Iheir mother's improved condition and thanking me for coming. Truly "God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform."

No comments: