Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Lebanon Chapel

Sunday we finally get the word that the Lebanon Chapel is finished and the open house Sunday afternoon. OK maybe this isn't history yet, but it will be. Regardless, when I heard the announcement I thought yeah! and darn it! Yeah! cause its is exciting. Church growth and all that. The Church was only leasing the previous building.(See below) Darn it! because the open house happens to conflict with my schedule. My wife has invited an handful of people over for a break-the-fast dinner and, well, I can't really slip out just to go look at the new building. It is on the other side of town and I would be gone at least three hours right when our guests were expected. My wife is tolerant of my hobby, but not that tolerant.

Lebanon is in Wilson County. Wilson county is another site of early Tennessee LDS history. The Baird's Mill Branch was active in the 19th century, though the history surrounding it has been less forthcoming than other areas. I have a couple of articles, some names and little else. I was hoping to go, meet some people, and ask around for historical leads. Sigh! I guess I have to find another way.

So I didn't get a picture of the new chapel yet, but here is the old one.


No comments: