Wolf Creek is a small community southwest of Lawrenceburg, Tennessee about a mile north of the Alabama State line. The first baptism there was Virginia E. Grimes (nee Philips) on July 8 1883. Others were baptised soon after at Wolf Creek and in nearby Lauderdale, Alabama. By 1884 Elder J. J. Fuller, President of the South West Tennessee Conference organized the saints at Wolf Creek into a branch.
of the organization of the Wolf Creek Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. Organized may 31st 1884.
The Elders and Saints met at the residence of Thomas Gilberts at 2:30 PM
Present of the Elders. Elder J. J. Fuller President of the Conference Elders John S. Linton, Leo A. Bean and James A. Ross of the travelling Elders of the South West Tennessee Conference.
Of the Saints, Thomas Gilbert, Charley O. Brown, John McMurtrey, David S. Chambers, Martha Ann Barnett. Lucinda O. Brown and 12 others not belonging to the Church.
Meeting called to order by President J. J. Fuller Hymn 47 “Come, come ye saints,” was sung. Opening prayer was offered by Elder J. A. Ross, Hymn 234 Come all ye sons of Zion. Pres Fuller the addressed the meeting for one hour on authority explaining the nature of the Aaronic and Melchisedec Priesthoods quoting passages from Heb 7 chapter and Doctrine and Covenants.
Elder Ross then followed in a few additional remarks.
Thomas Gilbert was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood and to the office of priest and set apart to preside in the Wolf Creek Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by Pres J. J. Fuller.
L. A. Bean addressed the meeting quoting 1 Cor 12 12-21
Elder John S. Linton was appointed clerk of the Branch
Sang hymn on page 268 “The spirit of God like a fire is burning”
Benediction by Elder John S. Linton
John S. Linton - Clerk
Branch baptismal records continue until 1888.